Creative block is real and in my journey to fight the negative Auras in my life I made a reference list of the websites that usually spark my creativity. I decided it would be unfair and selfish of me to keep this helpful list to myself; and in hopes that I can inspire at least one person I decided to share it here.
Below is the list in no particular order. 🙂 also please note that I am not associated with any of these sites. They are truly my personal favorites!!
- I love using Sketches as a starting point. I tend to be a rebel and omit portions or make the sketch fit my needs so 30% of my Layouts end up looking like the sketch I started with and 70% of the Layouts end up looking nothing like the sketch. Regardless, I can always count on a good sketch to give me a boost to find my creativity. Below are my favorite sites for sketches.
- I live for scrapbook challenges. I love playing along and seeing a newly posted challenge gives me a burst of energy that reminds me that I have to get busy creating. Plus I admit that having my layouts picked as winners or recognized gives me a jolt of happiness. I know I am a nerd, but the heart likes what the heart likes. You can find me playing along at these sites:
Visit My Favorite Bloggers:
- Of course a great way to fight creative block is to visit your favorite bloggers. Which I do often…..it could be considered stocking but don’t tell on me. This is the list of people I
stock, I mean Follow.
Organize my Stash:
- One of the more productive things I do to fight creative block is stash organization. Sometimes rearranging things around the room to make it more convenient, sparks a creative burst of energy for me. A major bonus on this tip is finding a hidden treasures that will ignite the creative spark and send me into a creative frenzy.
- PS. Please note that I might be the only person who finds organization leads to creativity.
- The creative roulette is a bit of a gamble, it is only successful about 50 % of the time. Hahaha! The way I play is that I either blindly select a paper pack or die cut to work with and go from there. I must be honest sometimes these Layouts are complete FAILS. but when I play the creative roulette I go all in and make myself finish the challenge.
I hope these Tips inspire you to get crafty!!
After following a few of the above mentioned ideas, I created this LO. I used October afternoon, Club Scrap, and Fancy Pants.
I used Tim Holtz to age my gears!
Thanks for stopping by today and let me know if these lists are helpful and what you like to do when you want to get motivated.